Should I take this ASP.NET MVC job?
April 6, 2018 · 1 minute read
I observed someone the other day who had been offered a job to work on an application for a relative’s company.
The job involves working on an ASP.NET MVC web site.
They have no experience of C# or ASP.NET (or indeed ASP.NET MVC). Their only experience to date is with Java, oh and they’re a student with no commercial experience.
The question posed… “should I take the job?”.
- Am I way out of my depth?
- Should I decline the job?
- I don’t think I’d be able to accomplish much as I have no experience in C#
- How do you know if you’re out of your depth if you’re not even in the swimming pool yet?
- What do you stand to lose by taking the job? What might you gain?
- How can you possibly know what’s possible before you’ve had a go?
Take the job, if you want to.